Friday, September 4, 2015

Top 5 Blogs For Healthy Recipes

There are so many food blogs out there.  I was a cook for several years in the military, so food is a big part of my life.  I have tried for years to do things like making pancakes without using so much glutinous wheat flour, but it wasn't until recently that I discovered there are people who have figured some of that stuff out.  (It is really surprisingly difficult to try and do it on your own and incredibly easy to learn from someone else)

Here are a few of my favorite food blogs that are associated with healthier recipes and using less processed carbs and what I call 'hard proteins' (animal based). 

Powercakes - A health and fitness blog with some great paleo, gluten free and plant based protein types of recipes and stuff.


Fit Foodie Finds - Good recipes.  Plain and simple.

Anytime Fitness Recipes - Simple, good stuff with nice pictures.

Recipe for Fitness - Lots of good recipes and many gluten-free


The Lean Green Bean - Plenty of recipes and what I like to call "a good attitude".

I'm still reviewing sites and will probably have another list coming out soon.  I look for blogs that have an element of personality and lots of good, simple recipes that aren't excessively expensive and low in processed carbs.

Basically, I'm always on the lookout for recipes that I can make easily and that my family will enjoy while supporting our health. 

No comments:

Post a Comment